Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Group Project : Team Shock!Horror! *UPDATE*

Well it's all done and presented but that's not really the end of the tale. What I learned from this project will defiantly have far reaching effects on my future work and understanding of what goes into producing and designing assets for a working game model. It was a great experience and has defiantly opened up my thoughts on doing a group project for my F.M.P next year, I wouldn't say its what I'm going to choose off the bat but it is defiantly a choice now as long as the right people are open to do it. The biggest things I can take out of this aside from the group aspect is my understanding of the Unreal Development Kit (UDK), how to use it, how to import assets and how to build rooms for playable levels. I had never used the program at any point before this project but I managed to get to grips with it surprisingly fast and I do still find some elements of it confusing such as remembering the codes you have to type in to take in-engine screen shots and such, but this can be fixed with practice as experience has taught me with 3D Studio Max but other than that I'm happy with what I can do in the program thus far and look forward to using it again in the future. Anyway, Here's just some updated pictures of some extra in-assets and some UDK renders of my room with most of my imported assets.

3D Studio Max Asset Renders

Unreal In-Game Engine Asset Renders

No comments: