Thursday 15 April 2010

Group Project : Team Shock!Horror!

Time to let the cat out of the bag... or as it is in this case a grimy Resident Evil themed level in UDK. The good thing about this blog is that I can talk about and present my individual contributions to this project, not to take anything away from most of my group who have worked very hard and very efficiently on their given tasks with the work management structure being very effective and without issue. We held together well and there were no big fall outs or shouting matches, we all did our part and we all got on well and were very glad to work with such a nice group of people.


Initially our first idea was to create a 'lab' type area with large experiment test tubes lining the main walkway corridor on the first floor of the Queen's building but were told that might be too big of an undertaking and should find a different location within the building to help scale it down. This was a very wise choice indeed. Our individual skills with 3D work and Unreal meant that we would for the most part be learning new skills and in the case of Unreal a whole new program within a short amount of time and if we had stuck with our initial idea there is no way we would be anywhere near finished by this point.


For my personal contribution in terms of in-game assets thus far I won’t bore you by listing them individually. Below are screenshots of what I have produced thus far and must admit after the past issues I have had with 3D I really feel now more than ever I am getting a good understanding of the program and with plenty of practice of the summer I will be in very good shape to produce some great quality work in an efficient amount of time. Anyway, enjoy these pics :






No comments: