Saturday 14 March 2009

What's the Point?

What do I want to do, where do I want to go when these 3 years are over? I want to be a part of a creative team for a games company that will let me express my ideas and create concepts that will go into production in a video game. I know it’s not going to be the easiest road in the world and it’s going to be tough going especially in the current climate but nothing in art is easy and it’s just another step, another obstacle to get to what is ultimately the dream. I love what I do, I love the industry as a whole and I love the fact that something you could create can be scene and enjoyed potential by millions of people around the world. I’ve always looked at the process of making a video games much like creating a piece of art, lots of ideas, influences, materials and time to create a final piece that is presented for view evaluate and enjoy, that’s probably why I’m a big advocator of videos being art. That’s why I want to absorb all I can out of this course so I can improve my own work and gain a greater understanding and respect for what I’m doing and the outcome I’m trying to achieve, that’s why things like art direction are big factors in gaining a better understanding of what I’m doing and why I appreciate the films we get to watch on Wednesdays because it plays such a big part over the overall viewing experience and I’m only just learning how much so but look forward to expanding my understanding of this process. Overall I think it’s just important to use the time I have to absorb all I can from the people who have the practical knowledge and are able to correctly advise what to avoid and what’s really important that way I can become much more creative which will be of use if I want a decent job and this will lead me to become a lot more focused on what needs and should be done which will make me a better artist.

No comments: